Introduction to Spectrum 5.0
Getting Your House in Order – Introduction to Spectrum 5.0
Museum Development Yorkshire, in partnership with Collections Trust, Museum Development North West and Museum Development North East, is running Getting Your House In Order series of workshops again for 2022.
This series of online workshops is designed to support you in ensuring that your collections documentation is well managed. Good collections documentation enables ease of use of your collections, and ensures that your museum is properly accountable for the collections it holds.
About this Session
This session will offer an introduction to the Spectrum standard, and will put into context the Spectrum procedures covered in the other workshops in this programme. We will discuss how a Spectrum 5.0 procedure works and how it might be applied within an organisation. The session will give an overview of the primary procedures, focusing on details flagged in attendee registrations. There will be opportunities to ask questions during the session, as well as share ideas with other attendees.
We will examine the policy-side of Spectrum, and the difference and relationship between plans, policies and procedures.
By the end of the session, delegates will:
• Understand what the Spectrum standard is, and how it might be applied within their museum.
• Understand the role of the Spectrum standard in relation to museum Accreditation.
• Know where to find more information and guidance.
Before the session:
• Read the Spectrum 5.0 introduction – https://collectionstrust.org.uk/spectrum/spectrum-5/
• Think about how you do things in your museum, referring to your in-house procedural manual if you have access to it, although we appreciate you might not right now. You might also find it useful to have it with you to refer to during the session.
• Please ensure that you have a working microphone, so you can participate in discussions.
This session is suitable for: Trustees, managers, beginners, volunteers.
This session will be delivered online via Zoom.
The session will last for up to 2 hours, and will include a mid-way break.
When answering the question, “Please describe how this training benefits your role and your organisation?” please say if your museum is facing a potential legal change to its collections, and you will be prioritised for a place.
Please note the booking links below are for museums in Yorkshire and the Humber. If you are based in the North West or the North East, please use the links advertised through your local Museum Development provider.