Accreditation and Museum Development Yorkshire
We provide regional museums with advice and support around Museum Accreditation through:
- Quarterly ‘drop-in’ Accreditation Surgeries.
- Quarterly workshops focusing on a specific area of Accreditation.
- Email and Phone Based Question and Answer sessions.
- On site analysis.
For further support our Regional Accreditation Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also seek to aid the partnership of Museum Mentors with suitable client museums. More information about the role of Museum Mentors can be found here.
The ACE Accreditation Review
In January 2017, the Arts Council put a hold on Accreditation returns and announced a light-touch review. A light touch review means the fundamental core role of Accreditation as a baseline standard and professional award is not being questioned. Instead the Arts Council are looking at where this is focused, the processes and support around the scheme to ensure it is as effective as possible.
- The new standard was launched on the 1st November 2018. All outstanding cases will have been reviewed at the time of release.
- The first set of invitations working against the revised 2018 standard will be sent out from October with a 6 month completion date.
- It is expected that any work already done to old guidelines will still be accepted and there will be a cross-over period between the revised and the old standard.
- The revised guidelines will incorporate the new Spectrum 5.0 requirements.
The new returns timetable
Following the Accreditation Review, the new timetable for returns has been published on the Arts Council website, with the Yorkshire segment available here. Following consultation, the return time has increased from 3 to 5 years.
- Visit the Arts Council Website for more guidance and the online application form
- Collections Trust, https://collectionstrust.org.uk/ – they have a great section on Accreditation with some helpful documents.
Who to contact
- For Technical queries regarding the online form contact Arts Council’s customer services team, email@example.com or 0845 300 620
- For queries regarding when to expect to hear back once a return has been submitted or to receive a copy of your previous application, email firstname.lastname@example.org