HVG Membership Secretary Opportunity
Applications are now open to join the HVG Executive Board in the role of Membership Secretary. This is an exciting opportunity to shape and support the development of HVG, helping colleagues across the sector unlock the power of volunteering.
Please see the role description below and get in touch if you are interested in applying, to be sent a short application form. The deadline for completed applications is Monday 21st November 2022, but do let me know if you would like any further information or an informal chat in the meantime: firstname.lastname@example.org.
HERITAGE VOLUNTEERING GROUP: Role Description
Role: Membership Secretary
Meetings: Three Executive Board meetings and two Advisory Group meetings a year
Time Commitment: Two hours a week
At the Heritage Volunteering Group (HVG) our mission is to help the sector unlock the power of
volunteering through collaboration and sharing best practice. We work on a range of projects designed
to promote best practice in volunteering and volunteer management. We work with a variety of
partners to ensure heritage volunteering has a strong voice in our sector and beyond. Our vision and
strategic ambitions are outlined in our strategy, Creating Connections.
About the Role: Membership Secretary
Our Membership Secretary is responsible for engaging with potential and current members of HVG.
They process applications, welcome new members, ensure records are up-to-date and engage with
regional networks in addition to supporting our Inspire events twice a year.
● Managing our membership portal
● Managing member requests and responding to emails
● Engaging with our regional networks.
● Passionate about helping people unlock the power of volunteering
● Great at building relationships and working with a wide variety of people
● Willing to give your time to make a real difference to the heritage sector
● Good communication with strengths in listening, written and verbal communications
● Good IT skills, including the management of websites, mail systems and our membership portal
● Well organised with good attention to detail
● Enthusiastic and a team player
Attend five meetings a year and typically one hour a week depending on what is happening. Time may
be needed during the working day to attend meetings.
To apply or learn more about this role email email@example.com or to find out
more about our work visit heritagevolunteeringgroup.org.uk