TEG Tactile Access to Collections: Maximising and Managing Public Object Handling Opportunities
In response to demand TEG has scheduled a TEG Tactile Access to Collections: Maximising Public Object Handling Opportunities Workshop to take place in Liverpool:
Museum of Liverpool | Pier Head | Liverpool Waterfront | L3 1DG Liverpool
Friday, 8 February 2019, 10:30 to 16:00
This session is running in addition to the Tactile Access to Collections workshop taking place at the House of Illustration, London, on the 28th November.
The TEG Tactile Access to Collections: Maximising and Managing Public Object Handling Opportunities workshop combines practical and theoretical activities to help you develop opportunities for the delivery of tactile access to your collections.
What will you learn?
– The benefits derived from handling objects
– An overview of approaches to object handling employed in organisations of a range of scales/types
– How accessioned collections can be safely used in a public object handling programme, including how to assess their suitability and restrictions for use
– An introduction to policies and procedures that can support the effective provision of tactile access
– How to plan a meaningful engagement opportunities involving object handling, using a session development matrix, learning theory and examples of good practice from other organisations
– Confidence to facilitate tactile access to your collections, and implement a robust structure for managing an object handling programme
Who should attend?
Curatorial and learning staff who are interested to create/develop opportunities and an infrastructure for the public to handle objects from their collections.
The workshop is delivered by a TEG trainer.
Sign-up for TEG’s e-newsletter to receive the latest information about our professional development opportunities: www.teg.org.uk
Museum of Liverpool
Museum of Liverpool Pier Head Liverpool Waterfront L3 1DG Liverpool