Collections Trust: Loans In and Loans Out Procedures
A bitesize online session, exploring management and documentation for borrowing and lending objects, using the Spectrum 5.0 procedures.
This session, delivered by Collections Trust, will support you in reviewing and updating your procedures, and managing your loans in and loans out of museum objects. Suitable for those managing and documenting loans, and those responsible for decision making.
- Loans in – managing objects you borrow for a fixed period of time and for a specific purpose.
- Loans out – assessing requests for you to lend your objects and managing the lending process until loans are returned to you.
There will be opportunities to discuss with colleagues, ask questions throughout and submit questions in advance.
This session will be delivered online via Zoom. It will last 2 hours, with a short break in the middle.
Booking priority will be given to non-NPO museums in Yorkshire and the Humber, and to one place per museum depending on demand.
If you have specific questions in mind, there is an opportunity to submit these with your booking details – please let us know.
By the end of the session, delegates will:
- Understand the role of the Spectrum standard and its supporting guidance, in relation to museum Accreditation.
- Understand policy considerations for borrowing and lending.
- Understand the Spectrum requirements for Loans in and Loans out.
- Know where to find more information and guidance.
Before the session:
- If possible, read what Spectrum has to say about Loans in – including the standard and suggested procedure.
- If possible, read what Spectrum has to say about Loans out – including the standard and suggested procedure.
- Think about how you do things in your museum, referring to your in-house procedural manual if you have access to it, although we appreciate you might not right now. You might also find it useful to have it with you to refer to during the session.