Collections Trust: Introduction to the Spectrum Standard
An online session offering a bitesize introduction to the Spectrum 5.0 collections management standard, delivered by Collections Trust.
Suitable for those new to the Spectrum collections management standard or in need of a refresher, this online session will offer a bitesize introduction. Volunteers, beginners, trustees or managers are all welcome.
We will discuss how a Spectrum 5.0 procedure works, how Spectrum might be applied within your own organisation, and briefly introduce the primary procedures for Accreditation. There will be opportunities to ask questions throughout, as well as to submit any questions in advance.
This session will be delivered online via Zoom. It will last 2 hours, with a short break in the middle.
Booking priority will be given to non-NPO museums in Yorkshire and the Humber, and to one place per museum depending on demand.
If you have specific questions in mind, there is an opportunity to submit these with your booking details – please let us know.
By the end of the session, delegates will:
- Understand what the Spectrum standard is, and how it might be applied within their museum.
- Understand the role of the Spectrum standard in relation to museum Accreditation.
- Know where to find more information and guidance.
Before the session:
- Read the Spectrum 5.0 introduction
- Think about how you do things in your museum, referring to your in-house documentation procedural manual if you have access to it. We appreciate you might not be able to access it right now. If possible, you might also find it useful to have it with you to refer to during the session.