Borrowing and Lending
Getting Your House in Order – Borrowing and Lending
Museum Development Yorkshire, in partnership with Collections Trust, Museum Development North West and Museum Development North East, is running Getting Your House In Order series of workshops again for 2022.
This series of online workshops is designed to support you in ensuring that your collections documentation is well managed. Good collections documentation enables ease of use of your collections, and ensures that your museum is properly accountable for the collections it holds.
About this Session
This session will explore the Spectrum 5.0 procedures for borrowing and lending objects: Loans in and Loans out. We will review the policy considerations, requirements, and guidance for both procedures, discussing how this is approached by attendees.
Loans in – managing objects you borrow for a fixed period of time and for a specific purpose.
Loans out – assessing requests for you to lend your objects and managing the lending process until loans are returned to you.
There will opportunities to discuss with colleagues, ask questions throughout and submit questions in advance.
By the end of the session, delegates will:
• Understand the role of the Spectrum standard, and its supporting guidance, in relation to museum Accreditation.
• Understand policy considerations for borrowing and lending.
• Understand the Spectrum requirements for Loans in and Loans out.
• Know where to find more information and guidance.
Before the session:
• Think about how you do things in your museum, referring to your museum’s policy and procedures related to borrowing and lending collections. You might also find it useful to have these with you to refer to during the session.
This session is suitable for: Trustees, managers, beginners, volunteers.
This session will be delivered online via Zoom.
The session will last for up to 2 hours, and will include a mid-way break.
When answering the question, “Please describe how this training benefits your role and your organisation?” please say if your museum is facing a potential legal change to its collections, and you will be prioritised for a place.
Please note the booking links below are for museums in Yorkshire and the Humber. If you are based in the North West or the North East, please use the links advertised through your local Museum Development provider.