Being an Effective Chair and Building your Board Team
This workshop is being run by the partnership of Association of Chairs and Community First Yorkshire’s leadership hub.
On 18 March we are combining two of our most popular workshops into one full-day workshop for Chairs and Vice Chairs in North Yorkshire. Please join us to develop your skills and share experiences of ‘Being An Effective Chair’ and ‘Developing An Effective Board Team’. A networking lunch is included.
‘Being an Effective Chair’ will help you to be able to:
- Be clear about your role and legal responsibilities
- Understand what can help you be effective
- Have practical tools to help you run effective meetings
- Have gained insight and top tips from other Chairs of smaller organisations.
‘Developing an Effective Board Team’ will help you to be able to:
- Enable your board to work well together
- Manage conflict and support difficult conversations
- Gain insights and top tips from other Chairs of smaller organisations
This workshop is only open to those who have registered with the free Beacon Programme. The programme is aimed at Chairs and Vice Chairs of smaller charities in England with an annual income of under £1 million.
Denham Room, Priory Street Centre
Denham Room, Priory Street Centre, Priory Street, York YO1 6ET