Covid-19 Updates 30th November 2021- new measures in response to Omricon variant
Starting from Tuesday 30th November, the Government has introduced new measures in response to the emergence of the Omricon variant.
You may want to read the Department of Health and Social Care’s press release, as well as the Prime Minister’s statement and the Prime Minister’s press release.
The new measures
- Face coverings will be made compulsory in shops and on public transport in England from Tuesday 30 November.
- All international arrivals must take a Day 2 PCR test and self-isolate until they receive a negative result.
- All contacts of suspected Omicron cases must self-isolate, regardless of their vaccination status. They will be contacted by NHS Test and Trace.
What does this mean for museums?
- Face coverings will be mandatory in museum shops in England.
- They will not be mandatory in other parts of museums in England.
- All hospitality settings will be exempt, including museum cafes.