Covid 19 Updates – 17th November 2020
Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
The eligibility criteria have been clarified for furloughing employees who:
- were made redundant on or after 23 September 2020 and re-employed
- have a fixed term contract that expired after 23 September 2020.
Four Government support grants are now available for businesses that have been severely impacted by coronavirus restrictions.
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (Open) for businesses that remain open and have been severely impacted by temporary local restrictions.
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) for businesses that have been required to close due to temporary local restrictions.
- Local Restrictions Support Grant ((Closed) Addendum) for businesses that have been required to close due to the national restrictions between 5 November and 2 December 2020.
- Additional Restrictions Grant for businesses that are not covered by other grant schemes or where additional funding is needed.
Government Indemnity Scheme: courier arrangements
The GIS rules on coverage for transporting objects by courier during the pandemic have been updated.
Guidance for Museums
The Guidance for Department for Culture, Media, and Sport Sectors is reviewed regularly and we recommend that you check the website to keep up to date.
The National Museum Director’s Council’s Good Practice Guidelines for Reopening Museums have also been recently updated.
The Government has recently published guidance on Enabling Safe and Effective Volunteering During Coronavirus.