Funding Opportunity: Windrush Day Grant
Windrush Day has been announced as 22nd June 2019 – a day to celebrate the contribution of the ‘Windrush Generation’ to Britain’s cultural social and economic life.
The Windrush Day Grant, funded by the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government, invites local authorities, charities and community groups to submit bids for funding. The fund will support groups seeking to celebrate, commemorate and/or educate about the history of the Empire Windrush and the contribution of the Windrush Generation to British economic, social and cultural life.
Key objectives of the investment will be to:
- Celebrate the contribution of the Windrush generation
- Commemorate – support recognition and understanding of the contribution to the UK
- Educate – build awareness of historical facts and deepen a shared understanding of the Windrush Generation and their descendants.
- Galvanise communities to work together
- Support and encourage communities to work in ways that are local, national and intergenerational.
Grants are available from £2,500 to £25,000. Eligible organisations are those that are:
- registered charities (or organisations that can meet other qualifying criteria)
- and they are community-based or community-led
- a local authority
The closing date for applications is midnight on 21stJanuary 2019.
Find out more information here.