ICOM Travel Grants
ICOM UK, with support from the British Council, is pleased to offer travel grants to support museum professionals to develop mutually beneficial international projects and partnerships for their organisations.
The 2018-19 ICOM UK – British Council Travel Grant Scheme will enable recipients to undertake an international visit to meet with colleagues and share skills, expertise and experience. The Travel Grant Scheme supports museums who are starting to develop mutually beneficial international projects and partnerships.
Applications will be considered for grants up to £1,500 per organisation or consortium for visits beyond greater Europe and up to £700 for visits within greater Europe. The total amount of funding available for 2018-19 is £17,000.
Priority will be given to non-national museums, museums who have not previously undertaken international work, and mutually beneficial visits to countries on the Overseas Development Aid (ODA) list (see pages 4-5 of the application form). 50% of the funding in each round will be ring-fenced for visits to countries on the ODA list. We encourage applications from organisations in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
2018 DEADLINES FOR APPLICATIONS
- Deadline for applications: 09:00 Monday 24 September 2018
- Successful applicants notified: w/c 1 October 2018
- Travel must be completed by: 11 February 2019
HOW TO APPLY
- Download the application form and guidelines on the ICOM UK website: http://uk.icom.museum/about-us/bursaries/
- Please complete one application form per organisation or consortium and email it to:
- Dana Andrew, ICOM UK Executive Director, email@example.com before the deadline.
- You can read the Case Studies from previous Travel Grant recipients on the ICOM UK website: http://uk.icom.museum/resources/case-studies/